Returns & Refund Policy
Wild Poppies prides itself in delivering fresh beautiful flowers and other products in the best possible condition to our customers and their recipients. Of course, we understand that our products are often sent as special gifts or remembrances and we want to ensure you have the best possible shopping experience.
If you feel your Wild Poppies flowers (or other gifts) didn’t arrive in the best condition or have not lasted at least 3 days let us know within this time by calling 09 357 6161. Once we’re confident that they have been cared for as recommended, we will happily replace the flowers.
Don't hesitate to call us on 09 357 6161 to answer any of your questions regarding the delivery or care of your flowers.
Please note our returns terms:
- Orders can be cancelled, free of charge, if we haven’t yet arranged your flowers or gifts order.
- Given the perishable nature of many of our products, we do not offer refunds on cancelled orders that have been picked and arranged or are out for delivery on those perishable Products.
- Non-perishable products may be approved for a refund if returned in new condition.
- Refunds can only be made back to the credit card that was used for the original purchase. Approved refunds can take 1-2 business days to be completed.
Our full Trading Terms can be read here.
Care of your Flowers
From the grower, to our store, to you – our reputation rides on delivering the very best product. That’s why, for the short time your flowers are with us, we store most of them in our purpose-built flower chiller, maintained at 2-4°C, with a relative humidity of 80-90%.
Flowers don't last for ever but these tips will keep them looking their best for 4-7 days:
- Clean your vase to remove any bacteria or fungi that might ruin your flowers.
- Use warm water and let it sit for a few minutes so all the air bubbles can escape.
- Cut the stems at a 45-degree angle, under running water if possible. This creates a wide opening to the xylem (where the flowers drink up water) and keeps air bubbles to a minimum so they don't block the water pathways.
- Keep away from fruit. Fruits produce ethylene, which tells a plant to ripen, and that will shorten the life span of your flowers.
- Place in a cool position. If you're leaving the house for a day or two, you can put your flowers in the fridge (away from fruit). The cold reduces microbial growth and the metabolic rate of your flowers, extending their life!
- Keep away from direct sunlight, drafts and air-conditioning.
- Maintain adequate water levels and change the water completely every two days.
If you feel your Wild Poppies flowers didn’t arrive in the best condition or have not lasted at least 3 days let us know within this time by calling 09 357 6161. Once we’re confident that they have been cared for as recommended, we will happily replace the flowers.